As we age, the skin loses collagen and elasticity. Repeated facial movements, such as frowning or smiling, crease the skin. With time, these creases become apparent even without facial expressions. This is what we call ‘dynamic lines’. Dynamic lines can be treated by relaxing the muscles that cause the skin to crease. So areas like the forehead furrows and crow’s feet can be addressed with a few small injections of Botulinum Toxin type A. It works by relaxing the muscles that create wrinkles and therefore allowing the skin to smooth itself out.
Bocouture, Xeomin and Botox.
Botox can be used to treat areas such as:
- forehead lines
- frown lines
- crow’s feet
- smoker’s lines
- gummy smiles
- marionette lines
- cobblestone chin
Usually none needed, may use numbing cream in sensitive areas e.g. around the eyes
Recovery & Aftercare:
Most clients can go back to work same day. However, there may be some redness, swelling or small bruises on the skin.
- Do keep your hands clean when touching the face. Treated skin is a little more susceptible to infection, so it’s important to try keep your hands clean, use clean makeup brushes and clean sponges.
- Do use arnica to help any small bruises to resolve more quickly. Arnica can be taken as tablets or used as a cream or gel. It helps to improve the appearance of bruises more quickly.
- Do think about scheduling your next treatment in 4-6 months’ time. Botulinum Toxin type A treatment typically lasts for around 4-6 months. If you like to stay organized and plan well in advance, please book in for your next treatment: 07718219145 or via our website: drtatiana.co.uk
- Don’t lie down flat or sleep for 4 hours after the treatment. This is because the toxin has not yet settled into the muscles and changes in posture or pressure can affect how the toxin reaches the muscles.
- Don’t drink alcohol, exercise or massage the injection points for 24 hours after the treatment. This can increase blood flow to the face and cause the toxin to spread further than intended. This can lead to complications such as flattening of the brow, drooping of the eyelid or double-vision.
- If you have had treatment to the under arms, we advise that you avoid using deodorant or antiperspirant for 24 hours after treatment.
- Don’t take any long-haul flights (6 or more hours) for 48 hours after the treatment. Changes in pressure can also affect the blood flow to the face and cause the toxin to spread further than intended.
- Don’t have facials, eyebrow threading/waxing/microblading, chemical peels, laser treatment, microneedling, microdermabrasion for 14 days after treatment. You should also avoid using saunas, sunbeds, swimming goggles or tight-fitting helmets for 14 days after treatment. These activities can change the way the toxin settles in the skin and can cause complications.
Results typically last for 3-6 months.
Risks & Complications:
This is generally a very safe treatment. Complications may include redness, swelling, bruising, drooping of the brow, drooping of the eyelids, relaxation of muscles where treatment was not intended.
- 1 area (forehead, frown or crow’s feet): £200
- 2 areas: £250
- 3 areas: £300
- Additional areas: charged at £50 per area
- Botox neck lift (Nefertiti neck lift): £200
- Botox brow lift: £250
- Botox jawline reduction (Masseter reduction): £300