Thank you for deciding to have your skin treatment with the Dr Tatiana Aesthetic Clinic. We feel it is important that our clients have a good understanding of treatment options, what they involve, what benefits they can expect and what the potential risks are, before going ahead with any treatment. So please take a few minutes to read through this information. Your practitioner will then summarise the information for you and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
About our Medical Skin Therapies
Much of what we do in the field of Medical Aesthetics is based on the principle of repair. We use various tools to stimulate skin repair which then leads on to the formation of new collagen, new elastin, new skin hydrators, improved stem cell function and much more. The best way to induce effective skin repair is through controlled skin injury.
CONTROLLED INJURY >> REPAIR >> TIGHTER, SMOOTHER, HYDRATED SKIN
There are a number of ways in which we can cause controlled skin injury. Below is a very brief overview:
Other skin treatments such as iontophoresis, LED mask, dermabrasion, mesotherapy, biorevitalisation work on a different basis. On their own these treatments cannot affect significant change in the skin. However, they are excellent at supporting healthy skin function and are used to maintain the results of more intensive treatments.
Our aim: To improve aspects of your physical appearance so that you may have better confidence, self-esteem and hence a better quality of life.
The best results from skin treatments are usually achieved when the skin is well prepared for the treatment. It is important to ensure that the skin has not been excessively damaged or inflamed in the time leading up to the treatment. We ask you to ensure that you have:
- Not used retinol in the last 5 days
- Not used tretinoin in the last 7 days
- Not tanned (holiday or sunbed) in the last 6 weeks
- Not used oral vitamin A e.g. Roaccutane in the last 6 months
- You are Not pregnant, breastfeeding or currently trying for a pregnancy
It is possible to experience some side effects from the treatment e.g. redness, swelling, peeling, sensitivity, bruising etc. Your practitioner will discuss these in more detail with regards to each treatment once a treatment plan has been made. Where the treatment has been deeper or more extensive, you may experience more severe side-effects.
- Triggering cold sores, shingles or other pre-existing skin problems
- Pigmentation problems e.g. post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
Please make certain that you understand:
- It is possible that side effects not described may occur and that a complication not previously reported may occur for the first time.
- You will need to follow after-care instructions to reduce the risk of complications and to optimize the effectiveness of my treatment.
- Aftercare includes:
- Avoiding direct sun exposure for 2-6 weeks post treatment.
- Using broad spectrum physical sunblock of factor 30+ daily and reapplying
If you feel any of these instructions may be a problem for you, please inform the doctor before the treatment.
Do you have any questions?
We are here to make your treatment easy, comfortable and safe.
If there’s anything we can do to make sure you have an exceptional experience with us, please do let us know.
Dr Tatiana and the Team