Consultation & Patch Test for Filler Dissolve Treatment
Thank you for your interest in dissolving filler with the Dr Tatiana Aesthetic Clinic. We feel it is important that our clients have a good understanding of removing filler, what it involves and what the potential risks are, before going ahead. So we would like to welcome you for a complimentary consultation prior to deciding on having your lip filler dissolved. All new patients are encouraged to come for an initial consultation with Dr Tatiana prior to booking their first lip filler removal treatment.
Hyalase® is an animal-derived enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid: dermal filler and naturally occurring hyaluronic acid. Hyalase® is commonly used in a medical setting, for example during cancer treatment, pain therapy and spinal surgery. In the field of Aesthetics, doctors’ use of Hyalase® is off-licence and only at the discretion of the doctor.
How to Dissolve Lip Filler. How Hyalase® works.
Your doctor will dilute the powdered enzyme with saline and then inject the solution into the skin. Hyalase® dissolves hyaluronic acid in a matter of minutes. The enzyme remains active for up to 2 weeks post injection. It is possible to re-inject hyaluronic acid dermal filler into the same area 2 or more weeks after treatment with the enzyme.
Our aim: To improve aspects of your physical appearance so that you may have better confidence, self-esteem and hence a better quality of life through the removal of lip filler.
Dissolving Lip Filler – the side effects:
It is possible to experience some pain, bruising and swelling of the skin. This may take approximately a week to resolve.
Complications when Dissolving Lip Filler:
- Triggering cold sores, shingles or other pre-existing skin problems
- Pigmentation of the skin
- To reduce the risk of a significant allergic reaction, we carry out a patch-test prior to treating with Hyalase®. This is done by injection a small amount on the skin of the inner forearm. If there is any redness, swelling or itching after 20 minutes, it means that you are allergic to Hyalase®. Your doctor will discuss the alternatives with you.
There are certain circumstances when it would not be safe to use Hyalase.
- If you are known to be allergic to Hyalase®
- If there is an active infection or inflammation in the treatment area
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or currently trying for a pregnancy
- In the interest of your safety, please tell the doctor about any current or previous health problems so that your practitioner can thoroughly assess your suitability for this treatment.
We are here to make your treatment easy, comfortable and safe. If there’s anything we can do to make sure you have an exceptional experience with us, please do let us know.
Dr Tatiana and the team