Consultation for Silhouette Soft thread lift
Thank you for your interest in having your treatment with the Dr Tatiana Aesthetic Clinic. We feel it is important that our clients have a good understanding of their treatment, what it involves and what the potential risks are, before going ahead. So we would like to welcome you for a complimentary consultation prior to deciding on your treatment. All new patients are encouraged to come for an initial consultation with Dr Tatiana prior to booking their first treatment.
What are Silhouette Soft® Threads?
Silhouette Soft® are threads made from a synthetic material called Poly-L-Lactic acid (PLLA). This is the same material that absorbable sutures are made from. Once inserted into the skin, PLLA slowly breaks down in the skin. As it dissolves, it stimulates collagen production in the skin. Silhouette Soft threads are special because they have cones along the thread that help to hook into the skin and give an immediate lift to the tissue.
Silhouette Soft® can be used to treat different parts of the face and neck:
How Does Silhouette Soft® Work?
Combatting the effects of ageing above all means restoring smoother and more toned skin, but also a more shapely face. To meet this dual requirement, Silhouette Soft® combines two effects: lifting and regenerating.
– The lifting effect is immediate and discreet as it is the result of compressing and elevating tissue. After inserting the thread suture, the doctor applies slight pressure on the treated area. In this way, the doctor reshapes the surface of the skin and makes it visibly lifted.
– The regenerative effect is gradual and natural: PLLA has been known in the medical field for many years (due to the fact it is both biocompatible and biodegradable). Once the suture is applied, the PLLA acts on the deeper layers of the skin and naturally stimulates your body to produce collagen. This action, which continues over time, helps to restore volume and shape.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Our aim: To improve aspects of your physical appearance so that you may have better confidence, self-esteem and hence a better quality of life.
The best results from Silhouette Soft® are usually achieved when the skin is well prepared for the treatment.
It is important to ensure that the skin has not been excessively damaged or inflamed in the time leading up to the treatment.
We ask you to ensure that you have:
- NOT tanned (holiday or sunbed) in the last week
- You are NOT pregnant, breastfeeding or currently trying for a pregnancy
- You do NOT have active acne or infection in the area to be treated
After thoroughly cleaning the skin, your doctor will make some markings as to where the threads need to be placed. You will then have some small injections of anaesthetic to numb the skin at certain pints. You will then be draped and cleaned again. The doctor will then proceed to insert the threads under the skin to a depth of about three to five millimeters. No incision is required, as the suture is inserted using a fine needle. The doctor will then massage the skin in order to achieve the desired lifting effect. At the end of the procedure, the doctor will cut the ends of the threads, clean the skin again and apply some preventative antibiotic cream to the injection points. The procedure normally takes around 60 minutes.
SILHOUETTE SOFT® can be used as a single treatment or in combination with fillers and botulinum toxin.
The effects of Silhouette Soft typically lasts up to 18 months.
Silhouette Soft is a very safe treatment that has been performed with excellent results over many years. However, as with any treatment, there are certain side-effects and complications that you should be aware of before making your decision.
As with any injection, there is likely to some redness, bruising, puckering of the skin and swelling of the skin that is completely normal. This may take approximately 1-2 weeks to fully resolve.
There are certain risks that you must be aware of:
- Asymmetry of lift
- Puckering of the skin
- Being able to feel the thread and/or cones under the surface of the skin
- Granuloma or scar tissue
- Pigmentation problems
- Triggering cold sores, shingles or other pre-existing skin problems
- Injury to nerves
Your practitioner will discuss these risks with you. Silhouette threads cannot be dissolved. In case of complications, further injections or surgery may be required.
- Keeping the skin clean and dry
- Sleeping on your back with a neck support for 2 weeks
- Avoiding any big smiles, laughs or movements such as biting an apple for the first 2 weeks after treatment as this may displace the threads.
If you feel any of these instructions may be a problem for you, please inform the doctor before the treatment.
We are here to make your treatment easy, comfortable and safe. If there’s anything we can do to make sure you have an exceptional experience with us, please do let us know.
Dr Tatiana and the team